- Due to impending changes at EUC, further consideration of the Ministry Team’s potential
change to the 9.30am service time has been deferred until 2023.
- Further consideration was given to actions needed to address issues identified in
response to the Synod Congregation Compliance Checklist and Survey. This includes the
need to prepare a health and safety policy, and update the Volunteer and Safe Church
registers. Mark Leal volunteered to be appointed as the Church Council’s Safe Church
Officer. Members of the Congregation to be encouraged to undertake training in Safe
Church procedures. Information on Safe Church training and procedures to be provided on
the EUC website
- A letter from Rev Dr Amelia Koh-Butler informed Church Council and the Congregation
that Rev Dr Amelia Koh-Butler has accepted a call to be the Mission Secretary for
Education and Empowerment with the Council for World Mission, based in Singapore. Rev
Dr Amelia Koh-Butler will commence this role on 1 st March 2023. Rev Dr Amelia Koh-
Butler will prepare a draft schedule of preaching and leading of services up until Pentecost
- The SCC Presbytery has been informed that Rev Dr Amelia Koh-Butler has accepted a
call to a position with the Council for World Mission. Presbytery will manage the Joint
Nominating Committee process to call a new Minister for EUC. As yet there has been no
advice from Presbytery on what action is required. Nominations will be required from the
Congregation for positions on the Joint Nominating Committee. The Church Profile needs
to be updated to facilitate the process of calling a new minister.
- Administrative processes are required asap to implement the Intercultural Missional
Leadership Development project. This includes position descriptions and various policies
and procedures related to accounting, supervision, oversight, and accountability.
consideration at Church Council will develop draft documents at a meeting on 12
- Property: The painting work at Lakeside Rd has been completed. Any further
maintenance work on the church organ is deferred until 2023.
- A Church Council Annual Report for 2022 will be prepared. Groups in the church are
requested to submit 2022 annual reports by the end of January for presentation to a
February Congregation Meeting.
- The Church Office will be closed from 23 December 2022 until 16 January 2023.
Next meeting Monday 12 th December.
If you have any comments/questions or issues you wish Church Council to address,
please contact any member of the Council: Emma Jarvis (Chair), Janelle Dodd
(Treasurer), Lesley Bradbury, John Brunton (Minutes), Jermaine Yan, Jason Masters,
Kerry Springett, Mark Leal, Rev. Dr. Amelia Koh-Butler (Minister), Rev. Tennyson Chan
(Community Minister), Linda Brunton (Congregation Chair).
Linda Brunton, Congregation Chair.